I make pizza very often at home, atleast once in a month! Everyone in my family loves pizza . Even my dog, Whitey .
Earlier I used to buy pizza base from the market . Now, I’ve started making it at home and guess what homemade pizza is really, really good. It’s more delicious and of course healthier than the ones available in the market.
This recipe is one of the most popular pizza recipes. I’m using onion, capsicum and cabbage . You can use any vegetables of your choice .
So let’s begin!
Vegetable Pizza Recipe –
Serving size- Around 4 medium sized pizza
For the dough –
● 3 cups Whole wheat flour .
(You can even use all purpose flour)
● 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
● 1 teaspoon Salt
● 1 teaspoon Active dry yeast
● 1 tbsp Sugar
● Lukewarm Water – 1 cup
For pizza sauce –
● 200g Tomato Puree / Paste
● 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
● 3-4 garlic cloves (grated or finely minced)
● 1 onion (finely chopped)
● 1 tbsp sugar
● 1/2 tsp salt
● Pinch of ground pepper
● 6 -7 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
● 2 tbsp Olive oil
● 2 Onions, chopped
● 1 Bell pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
● 1 Tomato, chopped
● Mozzarella Cheese (shredded or sliced)
For Dough –
1. In a bowl, mix water, yeast & sugar and wait until the yeast is frothy .
2. Mix flour, salt, olive oil into the yeast mixture
3. Knead the mixture until it comes together .
4. Now, turn the dough out onto a clean work surface dusted with flour. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 -7 minutes, using more flour if necessary to keep it from sticking.
5. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Divide the dough into 3-4 balls depending on the size you wish to make.
7. Preheat the skillet (tawa in hindi ) . If you are not using a non-stick skillet, grease it with oil and place the pizza inside it.
8. Cook it for 3-4 minutes until the lower side of the crust gets a little brown then flip it and cook the other side too in the same manner.
For sauce –
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium- high flame .
2. Now add garlic and onions to it and saute for 2-3 mins until light brown in color
3. Add the remaining ingredients. Lower the heat and simmer
4. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Keep aside and let it cool.
1. Spread sauce on pre –baked crust.
2. Top with chopped onion, capsicum, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese .
3. Put the pizza in a skillet. Cover it and cook the pizza for about 5-6 minutes until sufficiently crispy and melted to your liking .
4. Your delicious pizza is ready! Cut into pieces and serve immediately.